Monday 2 March 2009

A first post

Hello hello, testing testing... is there anybody out there?

So, this is my first post on the Oblique angle. A blog we have made to keep in touch, and to share thoughts and ideas about electronic music.

I realised this weekend that it is just over ten years since I first heard electronic or 'dance' music in a club, and was bowled over by the sounds I heard. I don't know what was played, I had never heard anything like it before. Sure, I'd heard of Underworld, the Chemical Brothers, The Prodigy, etc, but I'd never really got it. Then, suddenly, on a dancefloor in darkest Birmingham, it hit me.

And I was hooked.

Since then, I've listened to a huge range of music, all of it good at the time, some of it I wouldn't listen to again, some that I keep coming back to. I've tried my hand as a DJ, and occasionally still play out. However, over the last 18 months, thanks to sites like Resident Advisor and blogs like Mnml Ssgs, House is a Feeling, The Futurist, Modyfier and Teleosteopathy (and the list goes on...) I have found myself listening to more and more and becoming immersed in electronic music more than ever before. And I found myself wanting to talk about it and share it.

So my reason for posting here is twofold. Firstly, to talk about the music I like, (or don't), and why (or why not). And secondly, to link with people who like the same. So, hello, welcome, and I hope you enjoy your visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment